How can I add a text input box on step 2 of 2step order form

I have products that come in many colors, I give discount if people buy more than 1. In my current setup people pick 1 color using the @yassine script I found here (Thanks for that btw!) In some cases, customers might want to have more than 1 color. Say they order 3 they might want 1 blue, 1 red and 1 yellow. I don’t want 1 field per number of items (I have 10 packs also, it would look weird) but maybe a text input form above the One-time offer where they can put (I want 1 blue, 1 red, 1 yellow) in case they don’t want 3 of the same color. Can you help?

Thanks,

1 Like

So there are two way to do that, as shown on that thread, you can use the Fancify App and create as many complex variants as you need… and get a decently looking result like this:

You can also have, multi-quantity or multi-checkout if needed (to allow purchasing multiple variants).

OR:

If you insist on adding the text input, I modified the code from the same thread to this:

<script>
var option_name = 'leave_us_a_comment';
var label = 'Leave us a comment';

$('.o2step_step1').prepend('<hr style="margin-top: 3px;margin-bottom: 15px;">');
input = $('<input type="custom_type" data-custom-type="'+option_name+'" name="custom_type" class="elS1Fullname elInput elInput100 elAlign_left elInputSmall elInputStyl0 elInputBG1 elInputBR5 elInputI0 elInputIBlack elInputIRight required1 elInputStyle1 elInputSmall elInputBG2 garlic-auto-save" data-type="extra" style="margin-top: 0px !important;margin-bottom: 10px !important; border-color: rgb(74, 137, 32); border-width: 3px;"></input>');
$('.o2step_step1').prepend(input);
$('.o2step_step1').prepend('<label>'+label+'</label>');
</script>

Again copy/paste that into your footer code box.

It should produce something like:

Hope that helps,

Best,
@yassine

1 Like

@yassine Thanks a lot, would you mind telling me how to display it on step 2 above the credit card form and not mandatory. Right now it forces you to write something when really it isn’t necessary all the time. I really appreciate your help. Is there a way to send you a little something to show gratitude?

1 Like

Here you go @David_Foster, an updated version:

<script>
    var option_name = 'leave_us_a_comment';
    var label = 'Leave us a comment';
    var mandatory = false;

input = $('<input type="custom_type" data-custom-type="'+option_name+'" name="custom_type" class="elS1Fullname elInput elInput100 elAlign_left elInputSmall elInputStyl0 elInputBG1 elInputBR5 elInputI0 elInputIBlack elInputIRight elInputStyle1 elInputSmall elInputBG2 garlic-auto-save" data-type="extra" style="margin-top: 0px !important;margin-bottom: 10px !important; border-color: rgb(74, 137, 32); border-width: 3px;"></input>').addClass(mandatory ? 'required1' : '');
    $('.o2step_step2 #order-declined-message').before('<label>'+label+'</label>');
    $('.o2step_step2 #order-declined-message').before(input);
    $('.o2step_step2 #order-declined-message').before('<hr style="margin-top: 3px;margin-bottom: 15px;">');
</script>
  • Change mandatory from false to true at line four, if need to have a mandatory field.

• That code should produce something like this:

• Re-use the same code if need to add more fields as needed.

There is no need for that :wink: but you may join our Funnelish affiliate program if you want to contribute to the growth of our platform :slight_smile:

Hope that helps,

Best,
@yassine