How to collect ClickID and send it to a third party tracking tool?

Hi there, whish you a good day:) Pls kindly let me know how to collect customers’ ClickID and pass it to another server, thx a lot!!

Hi @Kino I hope you doing good,

To collect and pass the customer’s ClickID to another server, follow these steps:

1. Capture the ClickID: Add a query parameter (e.g., ?clickid=xxx) to your URLs. Use JavaScript to capture this ClickID:

const clickID = new URLSearchParams(window.location.search).get('clickid');

2. Store the ClickID: You can store the ClickID in a cookie or localStorage for later use:

localStorage.setItem('clickID', clickID);

3. Pass to Another Server: When sending data (e.g., on form submission), include the ClickID in your API request:

fetch('https://your-server.com', {
      method: 'POST',
      body: JSON.stringify({ clickID })
    });

Let me know if you need further assistance!

Best regards,
Abdulrehman Asif
[email protected]

Hi Abdulrehman,

I wanted to ask if it’s possible to retrieve the clickid or other custom parameters through the Webhook. I’m currently working on passing and tracking clickid across pages and would like to know if this can be sent along with Webhook notifications.

Thanks!

Hi @Kino ,

I hope you’re doing well. I wanted to inquire if it’s possible to retrieve the ClickID or other custom parameters through the Webhook. I’m currently working on passing and tracking ClickID across multiple pages and would like to confirm whether this data can be sent along with Webhook notifications.

Looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Abdulrehman Asif

Hi Abdulrehman,

Thanks for copying my question. Could you please confirm if it’s possible to retrieve the clickid or other custom parameters through Webhook notifications? This would help me ensure that the clickid is passed correctly across the different pages.

Looking forward to your clarification. Thanks!

Hi @Kino ,

Thank you for your message! Yes, it is indeed possible to retrieve the ClickID or other custom parameters through Webhook notifications. We can configure the Webhook to capture and pass these values to ensure the ClickID is correctly tracked across pages.

If you need help setting this up or further clarification, feel free to let me know!

Best regards,
Abdulrehman Asif
[email protected]

Hi Abdulrehman,

Thanks for your help! Here is my Webhook URL (obfuscated for security purposes):

https://amorcommerceltd[dot]com/webhook/

I would like to pass the clickid parameter through this Webhook. Please let me know if you need more details.

Hi @Kino ,

Thank you for sharing the Webhook URL! I can definitely help you pass the ClickID parameter through the Webhook.

Here’s what I’ll do:

1. Configure the Webhook to capture and transmit the ClickID along with any other relevant data.
  2. Ensure the parameter is passed securely and tracked across the pages as needed.
  3. Test the setup to confirm everything works seamlessly.

If you’re ready, I can start working on the integration right away. Let me know if there are any specific details or other requirements you’d like me to consider. I’m confident we can get this running smoothly!

Looking forward to working with you!

Best regards,
Abdulrehman Asif
[email protected]

Hi Abdulrehman,

Thanks for the confirmation. Here is the test link (obfuscated for security purposes):

https://shop.bytebardltd[dot]com/shinyabeauty-hoop-checkout-page/checkout-1723192229740508?sub5=BEFWYyZ2iXzX9TVo0ZSQbgw7bWoc0

Please proceed with the Webhook configuration and let me know if any issues arise during testing.

Best regards,

Kino