Payment acceptance rate with Airwallex card payments extremely low %

Hey everyone,

We had Stripe while selling to France and the acceptance rate was very high, due to several reasons we are now using Airwallex and we have 860 FAILED payments and only 742 succeeded. This is a crazy low acceptance rate %. Now maybe there is something wrong with the integration, cause if i use airwallex through the shopify integration, the acceptance rate % is very high.

One thing that I saw is that funnelish is not sending the billing or shipping address to Airwallex, while banks use this for extra verification. Maybe there are other reasons as well. Does anybody know how to fix this?

1 Like

i Have the same problem but i think unfortunalty is a problem of risk acceptance rate of Airwallex, after some month we can change the risk and lower it but they told me that is not possible to do it manually (also with insider). A lot of european prepaid debit card are rejected fo that reason, i have 40% approval rate with airwallex and 90% on stripe that is crazy

Hmm maybe there is something wrong with the integration because when i use airwallex through shopify this error does not occur

1 Like

I have the same problem, with shopify i have much higher acceptance then with funnelish. Is clearly a funnelish problem. Can the funnelish team look at this please?

1 Like

Hi guys, this actually a known issue but it’s not related to Funnelish specifically.

Airwallex team has confirmed that the issue is related to some old Airwallex accounts having 3DS enforced always, and that you can just contact your account manager to disable that.

Do let us know if you are facing issues or do not have an Airwallex account manager.

CC: @Marcos @bechecom @Ecom_Gabriele

I made a test on shopify and airwallex works with 90+% acceptance rate when funnelish have only 40% with the same Airwallex account, i think the payment processor still need some optimizzation. Stripe with funnelish is great but Airwallex at the moment have some issue

Same problem for me, even with the enforced 3ds disabled still at 40% failed.

@yassine any info on this?