Translating Country list selector in Clickfunnels 2 step order form

Hello wonderful community!
I want to translate the list of countries that you have in the country selector in a 2 step order Form (ClickFunnels) Or at least I want to translate 1. That is Spain.
WHY?
My market is 100% spanish and they look for “España” instead of “Spain” and many people complain.
Do you know any app inside Funnelish or a custom code that could replace that particular field?

Thank you so much!! I’m really enjoying Funnelish!

Josep

1 Like

Actually, this post solved my problem temporary > Free Plugin: Clickfunnels country auto-selector

1 Like

Hello @josep,

Welcome onboard the community,

Use this code it will easily translate any countries on the countries list for you:

<script>
$(function() {
  let CountriesToTranslate = [
     {name:"CA", translation:"Canadá"},
     {name:"ES", translation:"España"},
     // Add new countries after this...
  ];

for (let i = 0; i < CountriesToTranslate.length; i++) {
     let country = CountriesToTranslate[i];
     $(`[name="shipping_country"] option[value="${country.name}"], [name="country"] option[value="${country.name}"]`).text(`${country.translation}`);
  }

});
</script>

Step 1: Copy the code above into your Clickfunnels’ step

Make sure the code is copied into the page’s Tracking code > Footer Code box.

Step 2: Change CountriesToTranslate array

By removing those two entries or adding new ones if you wish, you can add new entries (country translations) by appending this line:

{name:"A", translation:"B"},

After the "// Add new countries after this..." , the comma ‘,’ is part of the line.

Replace A with the ISO-2 country code, and replace B with the translation you want to be shown instead.

Step 3: Save changes!

Save your changes and try it out…

Tag me if you face any problems with the code above or have any questions…

1 Like

Hi, this doesn’t seem to work on a regular order form (not a 2-step) is there any modification I need to use please?

It does work on non-2 step order forms as well, are you sure you are following the instructions correctly?

If you can share your page URL can have a look for you :slight_smile:

Hi Samlee, thanks for replying. This is the URL: https://es.sergiocanovas.com/trt-virtual-reserva45535351 – I am sure I followed the instructions. I have taken the code off now so the page will work and I can take payments.

1 Like

Hello @Martin,

Thank you for the heads-up, I made a small edit to the code above, now it should work perfectly fine on your page, give it a try again and let me know if you come across any other problems.

Hello Samlee, Is there a way to select a country by default and do not allow customers to change it? without making the whole country selection dissapear? I want the to be visible but do not allow changing it.

@eliotcorral the code here was changed to allow for that: Free Plugin: Clickfunnels country auto-selector.